Listening & Attention
- Listens to instructions and follows them accurately, asking for clarification if necessary.
- Listens attentively with sustained concentration to follow a story without pictures or props.
- Can listen in a larger group, for example, at assembly.
- After listening to stories, they can express views about events or characters in the story and answer questions about why thing
- Can carry out instructions which contain several parts in a sequence.
- Shows some awareness of the listener by making changes to language and nonverbal features.
- Recounts experiences and imagines possibilities, often connecting ideas.
- Uses a range of vocabulary in imaginative ways to add information, express ideas or to explain or justify actions or events.