Skip to content
People & Communities
- Knows the difference between past and present events in their own lives and some reasons why people’s lives were different in the past.
- Knows that other children have different likes and dislikes and that they may be good at different things.
- Understands that different people have different beliefs, attitudes, customs and traditions and why it is important to treat them with respect.
- Knows that the environment and living things are influenced by human activity.
- Can describe some actions which people in their own community do that help to maintain the area they live in.
- Knows the properties of some materials and can suggest some of the purposes they are used for.
- Are familiar with basic scientific concepts such as floating, sinking, experimentation.
- Finds out about and uses a range of everyday technology.
- Selects appropriate applications that support an identified need, for example in deciding how best to make a record of a special event in their lives, such as a journey on a steam train.